OFFICE OF THE GENERAL SECRETARY
'O ye who believe! obey Allah, and obey His Messenger and those who are in authority among you. And if you differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger if you are believers in Allah and the Last Day. That is best and most commendable in the end.' -
[Holy Qur'an 4:60]
ROLES OF OFFICE
41. The General Secretary shall carry out all correspondence with various branches of Lajna Imaillah in the country under the guidance of the Sadr.
42. The General Secretary shall be in charge of the Central Office.
43. a) It shall be the duty of the General Secretary to complete all the records according to the directions of the Sadr Lajna Mulk.
b) The office records of Lajna Imaillah shall be safeguarded and passed on to the new elected Sadr after her appointment. Majlis Amila Mulk shall, after a period of one year, decide which official records should be kept and which discarded. Similarly, Majalis/Local and Sectors/ Halqas, should seek permission of Majlis Amila Mulk for keeping or discarding records.
44. It shall be the duty of the General Secretary to keep a record of the proceedings of Majlis Amila Mulk and to inform the concerned members and the concerned branches about those decisions which concern them.
45. It shall be the duty of the General Secretary to supervise that the directives of the Sadr are being carried out and to issue necessary reminders in this respect.
46. The General Secretary shall report about her work to the Sadr Lajna every month.
47. The General Secretary shall try to activate the inactive Majalis.
48. In the Jama’ats where there are at least three (3) Lajna members but there is no Lajna Majlis established, the General Secretary shall take action as necessary to establish Majalis there.